Sunday, May 1, 2016

Best customer service experience

As discussed in class, one of my best customer services experiences has to be a time I was on port visit in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.  My friends and I had just arrived after our long voyage across the Atlantic.  We were all hungry but for more than a burger.  What we got was better than imagined. Our table was ready right away which is a plus considering we were by foot.  Immediately the celebratory spirits filled the room; connection despite the language barrier was felt and the need for a great beverage was recommended.  Our first pitcher of made to order Sangria was our entertainment while our entrées were cooking to perfection.  The taste resonates in my mind to this day.  As well as the level of services that were made available to use during the remainder of the visit.
  “Brands affect people’s live simply because they are part of our daily choices and decisions” (More Than a Name: An Introduction to Branding, page 32) and this instants proves true.  My friends and I went back throughout our whole trip, telling all that we knew, even taking more friends each visit.  Although the liberty call lasted 4 days, the amount of people who visited the restaurant grew just by word of mouth.  The employees and quality of their products spoke wonders of the establishment.  Just that quick this steak house became the talk of the ship.  To this day I have remembered my time in Palma, Spain for thirteen years and for many more years to come. 
If ever I am to travel back to Palma, one of my first priorities would be to retrace my steps and find this restaurant, hoping it has survived whatever economic strife may have plagued the area and order myself a steak dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment